Dwelling Daughter

Dwelling Daughter

July 22, 2013

Learning to Rebuild

A lot has happened since the last time I blogged. The men of my church have graciously allowed me to join their softball team in place of Dad and even allowed me to bat first. The first inning I was all about competition, then I realized that this is just for fun and fellowship, which I needed. I was encouraged and greatly blessed that night. I did tear up a few times when I would think to myself "I can't wait to go home and tell Dad I did that!" Or when one man on the team would pat my helmet every time I went up to bat just like Dad did. I have so many amazing softball memories with Dad. 
Also, through all of this, my family and friends are all being drawn closer. We have been so blessed by all the calls and concerns and prayers. We are fighting a battle right now, but I already know who will win, so I'm just going to go as God leads and not worry about the future. 
This week I get to be with family at the beach. I'll be honest and say its really hard. Dad loved being at the beach more than anywhere else and it feels like at any moment he will walk through the door. He would love these waves (double red flag) and family time. When he was on vacation, he was like a different person. Relaxed, spur of the moment, ready for anything. Although it has been somewhat difficult, it's been great laughing and making new memories with family. 
Next week will be a week of rebuilding. So we will continue to need your prayers. There's a Daddy sized hole in the hearts of me and my siblings, and we need God to of fill it. I told Mom last week that I now look forward to heaven more than I ever have before. Imagine, when I go Home, both Daddys will greet me! 

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, I knew your dad when he was a seminary intern at Lakeview; however, I didn't really get to know him until Summer Camps when he would bring his youth to join in with the youth at LBC. I guess the first couple of years were at the beach and he did love the beach, even the times we had to spend being 'beach patrol officers'! But what really stands out in my memory is his love for Jesus and his burden for the lost. His job as pastor wasn't just a job, it was a true calling! I know you have a Daddy size hole in your heart, because I still have a Daddy size hole in my heart and my daddy's been gone for over 11 years! Our hope and assurance is that we will see our sweet daddies again one day! Oh, what a day that will be! Praying that your memories of your daddy are so sweet and so happy that every time you think of him....you smile!
    Keeping your family close in prayer!
    Love,
    Jan Taunton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I know your dad is looking down on you proud of you and wishing he could hold you tight and just kiss you and say I love you baby. Love you and praying for you

    ReplyDelete