Dwelling Daughter

Dwelling Daughter

October 28, 2013

Learning and Treasuring

Ups and downs. Good days and bad days. They're all a part of life. But if I focus constantly on the bad moments, I forget to live and enjoy the beautiful moments.
Wednesday was probably the hardest day I've had since July. That's why I blogged, but it didn't help quite as much as I thought. I lost control more than once and couldn't stop crying. Usually I cry, feel better, and move on. But not Wednesday. I couldn't stop thinking about Dad or hearing his voice. I wanted to feel better and move on, but it was just one of those days.
Thursday, I was on top of the world. It was just a great day! And Friday was even better because it was Jonathan's 6th birthday. As a special treat and a new first, I took Jonathan golfing, one of Dad's favorite hobbies. We had a blast (except when I got conked in the head with his club)! We talked and played and remembered. I asked him what the best day of his life was. His answer: Caleb's birthday party (a friend from church). I asked him what the worst day of his life was. He replied: If I got beat up. Crazy funny and amazing memories!
Through days like this, God is teaching me to learn from the and days and enjoy the good days. Besides, we wouldn't know what good days were if we never had a few bad ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment