Dwelling Daughter

Dwelling Daughter

May 01, 2014

Stress, Peace, and Productivity

Busy. Busy. Busy. That pretty much sums up the past two weeks. I'm in the process of getting a job, starting a business, studying for finals, coaching, and keeping my sanity. I'll elaborate on the first two in an upcoming blog, but first, time management.
Part of being an American in being stressed. So much to do, so little time and money to do it with. We barely have enough time to share a meal a day with our family, let alone a sacred time set apart for God. Let's face it, when life gets hectic and we have to eliminate something, our quiet times are the first to go. God understands, right? He knows we need those extra 30 minutes in the morning to shower, or dress, or even catch a few extra Z's. He's a God of love...yada yada yada...
But don't you crave more?
Don't you desire a more stress free life?
Wait a minute, isn't that what started this in the first place? Stress= Less time= Cutting back on quiet time. Sensible, right? Wrong.
The Bible says our God is a God of peace. He desires us to be productive and godly and relaxed all at the same time. That extra time we spend with him in the morning? He will certainly redeem it. He knows what we need. He works all things together for the good of those who love Him.
For the past few weeks, I've been getting up earlier than ever before to spend time with the Lord. In the past, I've woken up an hour later and been exhausted and half asleep until at least 9AM. I went to bed early, got up late, and felt slow and lethargic throughout the day. Now? For "some reason" everything is different. I get up early, go to bed later than usual and am productive all day. I fully believe it is God blessing me because I'm using the first part of my day to glorify Him. God knows I'm busy. He doesn't sit back and watch me run to catch my breath or chuckle to Himself as I juggle a million different things. He cares about me and thus blesses my time and even my energy. 
I challenge you, get up early at least 3 days in the coming week and dedicate that time to reading the Bible, memorizing Scripture, and praying. And watch God alter your attitude and your entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment